Friday, March 5, 2010

House was a Disaster Area

I wish there was something Moms could drink so that we never got sick! I woke up yesterday still feeling a bit dizzy but as I looked around I knew I couldn't spend another day in bed.

Macy's crib was piled high with clean clothes, towels, blankets and sheets. The trash can in the bathroom was overflowing, the boys room smelled funny, still haven't found out why, the living room and kitchen were just plain nasty.

Although I do appreciate my mom and husbands effort, I like my house a certain way and how it was just wasn't cutting it.

I immediately got the kids ready for school, dropped them off which put me in a bad mood for a bit because of a lady honking her horn and yelling at my kids. Apparently my 7 yr old was taking too long to get my 4 year old out of the back of the van.

When I got home I went to work at cleaning up. It took just about all day. I did however get sidetracked when I noticed I finally recieved my pdf patterns from Lil Blue Boo, I love her stuff and I wanted to try my hand at making similar dresses. If you aren't familiar with her, she makes fabulous upcycled t-shirt dresses. She has been listing a couple a day on etsy and they get sold within seconds. Her patterns are very user friendly and she gives tips to working with knit fabric. I made one dress for my daughter last night, but it looks like she may need a longer length. I think she has an outfit in mind for this morning so I will take a picture once she is up and dressed.

Today I am watching the Big Boy and his sister. I need to start planning our day. I am thinking lots of crafts and Burger King play area!

No comments: