Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm in over my head!

That's what my mother said to me today.

I had a relapse of this stomach bug that is going around and my husband couldn't come home from work so I called my mom and asked for help. She brought the kids lunch, they were all home from school as well recovering from the stomach bug.

My mother doesn't see how I can get everything I need done in one day when all the kids need this, that and attention. I never really thought about it. A big part of it is patience and I choose my battles. I try to be as organized as I can be.

My mom was a bit irritated with me when she went to go get Macy's bath stuff, she didn't know how to open the Ikea container, but before that she couldn't find it. This brings me back to Macy's area in my bedroom. Everything is labeled, lol! Another issue was cloth diapers. Since we have all been sick I have found it easier to use our all in one diapers, no thinking needed, so I thought. My mom grabbed an insert thinking she was just going to take the insert out of the all in one. We were down to gdiapers only so I quickly showed her and she was about to put it on backwards. I love my mom and she was a lifesaver today, I just find these little frustrations funny!

When Chris came home, my mom had already been gone for hours. I got Cameron and Macy to sleep and I was laying in bed. It was great! It lasted maybe an hour before Macy got up and it started with the cloth diapers again. Chris tries his best, it's hilarious when he fudges up something so simple. He assumed that the bum genius diapers went on backwards too. Silly silly man!

I noticed today how much I do that my husband has no clue about. I know I am controlling and I like things a certain way. I am not sure I can give that up. With that said I would love to have woken up from my hour nap with the house clean, diapers washed/dried and days worth of laundry put away.

I am giving myself a 9:30 bedtime tonight because the kids are feeling better and they must go back to school! I am hoping to be back to normal tomorrow.

No comments: