Monday, March 8, 2010

What a weekend!

This weekend was beautiful! I chose to stay away from the computer as much as possible and spent most of my time with the my family. I also did alot more catch up work.

When we weren't outside playing I was inside sewing and going through my mountain of coupons and ads. My coupon binder sure did need some attention. I am actually excited about sitting down and going through the circulars for this weeks sales.

Over the weekend I went through and froze some fruit that was about to spoil. I think I am going to buy a blender so the kids can enjoy some smoothies. This is an excellent way to use up fruit that would have gone to waste. I also made a huge batch of blueberry muffins to last all week for snacks and breakfast and 3 pans of make ahead mashed potatoes out of a 5lb bag of potatoes that was going to waste. I completely forgot I had them, oops!

I made this for Cameron
Photobucket
Photobucket
and this for Macy
Photobucket
They are made out of old t-shirts and a couple new ones I found for $1-$3 at Walmart. They fit perfectly, I actually surprised myself! Although I think I will stick with making Malaina dresses because dresses are quite dresses on infants.

Today I woke up to the sun shining bright and that just started my day out great! I took the kids to school, went to Walmart to get milk which was a pain in my butt because they didn't have ANY regular registers open. They were all self check out. Grrrr I wanted to get in and out but I had to deal with several people in front of me who had no clue how to use them!

Today I am working on another dress for Malaina which involves freezer paper stenciling, I am excited to get started on it but I need to wait until nap time. I also have a sink full of dishes, all the bedding needs washed, floors vaccuumed, windows cleaned and my clothes need to be put away. WOW, seems like I didn't do anything all weekend, ha!

While I am waiting to pick Anthoney up from school I am going to browse through the circulars to see if I need to stock up on anything. I don't think I will need to go to the grocery store otherwise.

On a side note I hear Walgreens has diapers on clearnace for $2.xx!!

No comments: