Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowpacolypse 2010

As I sit here drinking a cup of tea to soothe my throat I am waiting for my 2 youngest to wake up so I can change diapers and prepare breakfast. I thought I would come on and post quickly.

We live on the east coast and we are getting tons of snow. We got about 2 feet of snow over the weekend, last night it looks like we got another 5 inches and snow is still falling. The news says we will end up getting another 10 inches by this evening. This is just crazy. Being stuck inside and sick to boot is enough to drive any one crazy.

Yesterday was a total disaster! Recooperating on the couch was a no go. I don't even think I sat down much. One thing that saved me was when 3 of the 4 kids went outside. That was a fete, lol. It took about 20 minutes to get everyone properly dressed. They stayed out for about a half hour which gave me time to clean up the living room and wash a load of dishes. Unfortunately we don't have a dishwasher so I do atleast 4 loads a day and even more when I bake.

As I watched my husband dig his car out once again to go to work, I thought to myself, it sure would be nice if he could stay home so I can rest up. His boss pretty much told him he had to come in or else. Seriously, I can't imagine someone needed to pick up a car in this weather. Thankfully he made it to work and was told they are leaving early.

I don't have too many expectations for today. I am hoping to finally get to my coupon binder, clip and sort my coupons. I need to make buttercreme frosting, fondant for a cake I am making and I need to keep the kids entertained until Daddy comes home.

No comments: